There are several other restrictions, the most common of which include:
- Water cannot be used to clean driveways or sidewalks.
- Water cannot run off onto an adjacent property.
- A shut-off nozzle must be used when washing a vehicle with a hose.
- Outdoor water structures, such as a fountain, can only operate with internal water-recirculating capabilities.
- Non-functional turf (lawns not used for recreation) may not be watered at commercial, industrial, and institutional properties, unless recycled water is used.